The Royal Wedding
A Print and Play version of a My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Mafia/Werewolf game. Since the Royal Wedding provided us with changelings I thought It would be a good concept for a Mafia/Werewolf game. I have already made and published my own Mafia/Werewolf version called “Spy in the base” which has a bigger variety of characters and an original theme to it. I made this because I am a MLP fan and want to introduce more people to the Mafia/Werewolf concept. Feel free to download and print the sheets, put them in card sleeves and have a good time! The rules are written below.
P.S. I simply rewrote the rules for this version so if you see words like “soldier”, don’t mind that. I will revise the rules in the future.
Download A4 Sheets here
· Moderator. He moderates the game, announcing when the game phases start. Assisting the players throughout the game, but not giving anything away.
· Changelings. They win by removing ponies from play.
· The Queen. If the queen is removed from play, the changelings instantly lose
· The Ponies They win by removing all changelings from play
· The Seer. He can detect changelings during his/her phase.
· The Witch. During his/her phase he/she may save targeted pony and decide who to remove from play if he/she wishes to do so. He/she may be able to do both things once per game.
· The Hunter. If he/she gets removed from play, he/she may shoot any other pony as his final attempt to find the changeling.
· The Cupid. He/she may pick two ponies and bond them together. If one dies, the other dies from depression.
· The Guard- Every night after the Changeling phase the guard wakes up and selects someone they will protect. If the guard selects a pony that was targeted by the changelings, the targeted pony survives.
· Choose an Moderator.
· Everyone else is dealt a card that gives them their secret role as a player. They look at their card and remember their role.
· Role cards are placed on the table in front of each player. (Preferred)
Basic Phases (Regular Ponies and Changelings)
1. The Moderator tells everyone to close their eyes and lower their heads. (“Princess Luna has raised the moon, everypony is asleep”)
2. Each night, the Moderator tells the Changelings to open their eyes and acknowledge each other. The Changelings may select one pony to remove from play by silently gesturing to indicate their target and to show unanimity.
3. The Moderator takes note of the victim and tells the Changelings to go to sleep.
1. The Moderator tells everyone to wake up and reveals the victim by flipping the card over. (He/she may add “Tom was sleeping silently with his wife, but the changelings got him.”) This player is “missing” and may no longer participate in the game in any way.
2. The players deliberate over which suspected player they wish to nominate for removal. Once nominations are made, the moderator administrates an election between the nominees, in which all players vote - whoever receives the most votes is removed from play; they are “in the dungeon” and their role card are flipped (revealing their true alignment).
3. After a pony has been removed, the Moderator informs the group that it’s night again.
Winning The Game
The game ends either when the last Changeling is removed from play (Ponies win) or the Ponies no longer outnumber Changelings during the day (Changeling victory).
Advanced Phases (With other roles)
When playing with other or all roles, special alignment must be followed. Note: During each phase the Moderator asks the specific role to wake up and go back to sleep (close their eyes) after his phase is over.
1. The Moderator tells everyone to close their eyes and lower their heads.
2. Cupid Phase (1st night only). The Moderator tells the Cupid to pick two people to match together. The Cupid points at two people and the Moderator pokes both of their shoulder.
3. Lover Phase (1st night only). The Moderator tells the people who were poked to open their eyes and acknowledge each other as they are now lovers and if one ‘goes missing’, the other will too.
4. Seer Phase (Every night). The Moderator tells the Seer to point at another player’s card. The Moderator then reveals that players card (Role) and shows it to the Seer before flipping it face down.
5. Changeling Phase (Every Night). As explained on the basic rules.
6. Guard Phase (Every night). Guard wakes up and decides which person to protect. If he selects a person who was targeted by Changelings that night, that person is protected. The Moderator announces that on the day phase.
7. Witch Phase (Every night until all his powers are used.) The Moderator shows the witch who was the victim and asks the witch if she wants to save him/her or not. Also the Moderator asks if the witch would like to poison someone else too. The Medic may do these things only once per game.
1. As Explained on the basic rules.
2. If a hunter gets removed from play, he/she may pick another person to remove from play.
The size of your group will have an effect on the dynamics of the game, this chart helps the group to decide how many Changelings should be used.
Number of players
Number of Changelings
Changeling by ~Durpy
Happy Cadence Redux by *DraikJack
Shining Armour - Captain of the Royal Guards by ~90Sigma
Rainbow Dash As Commander Hurricane by ~RedmondRoshi
Zecora by ~CeleryPony
Queen Chrysalis by ~Makintosh91
The Mane Background Ponies by ~hombre0
Original Game Concept: Dimitry Davidoff